MasterCard Software Development Engineer II (AEM) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II (AEM)
• The Digital Consumer Solutions team is responsible for delivering cutting edge digital solutions that provide superior end user experience.
• We focus on delivering digital solutions across different digital channels (web, social media, mobile.)
• This is a career opportunity to be a digital product engineer supporting global solutions for one of the most well-known brands in the world. Passion, rigor, and drive are required.
• Responsible for developing and supporting components for enterprise solutions built upon the Adobe Experience Manager platform (AEM).
• Sound knowledge of AEM as developer.
• Responsible for programming, testing, implementing, documenting, maintaining and supporting web content management software components in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and industry best practices.
• Responsible for supporting automated testing processes and both scheduled and emergent product release deployments.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable web content management features and enhancements based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Develop web service integrations using SOAP, REST
• Provide application development support for existing digital properties, including troubleshooting application issues and defects, and delivering solutions accordingly
• Communicate directly with team leaders to ensure iterative delivery dates across a continuous development lifecycle are met, while identifying emerging issues.
• Support internal and external users of the web content management system. Perform production incident management and participate in on-call escalation pager support rotation.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – with strong relationship building, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and confident
• Working knowledge of a computer application software
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124607