MasterCard Software Development Engineer I in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer I
Job Description Summary
• Presentation Enablement group is building a Digital Experience Platform that will define Mastercard’s strategy and roadmap for building sites and apps across multiple channels like web, mobile, IoT etc. Mastercard is looking for strong technical professional to be part of this exciting journey
• We focus on delivering digital solutions across different digital channels (web, social media, mobile.)
• This position is responsible for providing senior application development and design support within Digital Consumer Solutions. Specifically, this person will provide exceptional application development to all digital projects.
• This is a career opportunity to be a senior application engineer providing global digital solutions for one of the most well-known brands in the world. Passion, rigour, and drive are required.
Role & Skills
Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest NodeJS based Front End Technologies like Stencil, Angular, React or Vue
Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis.
Develop application code and unit test in the Angular, Rest Web Services, Spring Boot and Java technologies
Ensure high performance applications which are secure and scalable
Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, JS and writing cross-browser compatible code.
Experience with RESTful services
Responsible for leading design & development of micro-services built using Sprint-boot on Cloud.
Integrate content feeds via API, JSON, XML, and RSS from both internal and external sources.
Hands-on design & development experience on Cloud. Exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry will be an added advantage.
Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. JUnit, Jest, Jasmine)
Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
Document application components for support and training materials for MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
Need to have strong knowledge in one or more of the technology skills above and exposure to the other skills enough to learn on the job and scale to pick up responsibility of a full stack developer.
All About You
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – with strong relationship building, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a matrix-based, diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-177315