MasterCard Software Development Engineer-2 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer-2
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Business Rules Engineering & Strategy team is looking for a Software Engineer to drive forth our mission of building robust IBM ODM Rule solutions that provide transaction level decisioning, alerting and notifications. Business Rules embed intelligence into the transactional cycle by leveraging scoring models, cohesive rule strategies and behavioral data, and when combined with our agile rule development & deployment capabilities, results in a competitive advantage for all stakeholders, in the entire payment ecosystem.
• Work on a team that provides technical expertise for fraud prediction applications, which include mission critical, high volume transaction processing systems.
• Build effective rule strategies for customers, as per the design and architecture guidelines provided.
• Develop and implement rule changes in an agile environment.
• Validate rule changes against transactions data and ensure quality is enforced.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Have IBM Operational Decision Manager software experience
• Have current experience in delivering technical solutions and capabilities to meet business and product strategies, including a focused relationship with technical and business providers. Financial Services or Payments experience a plus.
• Direct experience with the development of custom software applications and services across a variety of technology selections and frameworks.
• Experience with software engineering concepts and methodologies, including agile lifecycles, testing automation, and behavior-driven development.
• Strong background in object-oriented architecture, design, and development. Direct Java experience preferred. Experience with multiple OO languages and SQL a plus.
• High-energy and detail-oriented, with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results; good at organizing and planning for several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
• Interested in building solutions that help recognize and prevent payment fraud?
• Strong sense of curiosity, analytical problem solving and is passionate about the customer experience journey
• Flexible work style with the ability to quickly pivot to new priorities.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140242