MasterCard Software Development Engineer-1 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer-1
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Simulator Development Team team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Responsible for developing inspiring Simulator visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collects and shares user stories with engineering teams
• Automation of different components of the simulator and customer testing platforms
• Create test artifacts like transaction templates/test conditions/response rule sets with as per specifications (e.g. data elements and message layouts)
• Automate all test validations and integrate testing as part of CI/CD pipelines
• Work with O&T, Products and Customer Delivery stakeholders for ensuring the readiness to onboard customers and validate user journeys
• Build monitoring solutions to validate payload anomalies against payment standards and assist in the creation of customer implementation specifications documents
All About You
In this section, list essential responsibilities and education desired. Customize based on the role and feel free to add intrinsic values. Add bullet points to:
• Proven experience with various payments messages (ISO 8583/20022)
• Hands on work experience in API automation
• Hands-on experience in Java, basic design patterns, Selenium, Rest Assured, and similar development and testing technologies
• Experience with any of the global industry standard payment simulator tools like Mastercard Simulators (Authorization, Debit or clearing)/Web FASTest/FINSIM/T3/Versates, Etc.
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: APIs - REST and SOAP.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY etc.
• Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to unit testing frameworks.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking and good communication.
• Exposure to Continuous Integration and Delivery patterns including the ability to orchestrate testing checks using tools like Jenkins
• Ability to breakdown requirements applying SMART criteria
• Good verbal and written communication skills with experience in understanding and drafting technical manuals
• Understand platform and application performance, scalability patterns, and chaos techniques
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133558