MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Mastercard’s Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager for Business Intelligence platforms within the Data & Services group. You will manage end-to-end delivery of engineering projects for some of our analytics and BI solutions that leverage Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytics techniques, to help businesses around the world solve multi-million dollar business problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints
• Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application frameworks and provide recommendations. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist your team with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project. Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team.
• Manage multiple scrum teams and be responsible to organize and lead all Agile/SAFe ceremonies. Be accountable for overall progress of the committed projects and enhance processes to streamline deliveries.
• Develop good technical understanding of product architecture & flows and be able to propose technical solutions. Possess hands-on technical capabilities to track, analyse or resolve critical issues and customer queries.
• Effectively manage internal and external stake-holders and participate in technical discussions as a representative for your scrum teams.
• Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience, with a proven track-record of successfully leading and managing complex programs/projects/products.
• Advanced level understanding of Agile/SAFe methodologies with a demonstrated experience in organizing Agile/SAFe ceremonies, planning program & iteration deliverables, leading scrum meetings, managing cost & effort estimation and driving prioritization discussions.
• A solid foundation in Computer Science, with prior hands-on experience on .Net stack and/or Java stack, preferably on web applications and microservices-based software architecture. Strong SQL skills would be a huge plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) and experience with managing internal and external stakeholders at all management levels.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive, with ability to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-124608