MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
• Works across teams to organize and accelerate delivery, ensuring all teams are delivering in a coordinated manner
• Tracks and manages manifest definitions, release integration, timing, scope and delivery
• Provides ongoing updates (with data) on the state of delivery
• Proactively manages all dependencies, ensuring all outputs are production ready at launch
• Plan, execute, and deliver projects from inception to completion related to a known technology, product, or program. Describes and maintains the integrated plan that accounts for internal/external dependencies, differing delivery approaches, numerous constraints, and contingency for unplanned delays
• Secures resources, scopes efforts, outlines priorities and establishes delivery milestones
• Proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered, overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. Accelerates progress by driving crisp, timely decisions
• Looked to as first point of contact for projects. Can communicate with confidence 3+ levels up. Is the source of truth for status. Transforms raw thoughts into clear and concise communications. Provides right information and associated data about the state of the project to the right audience at the right time. Runs effective meetings
• Has experience in and understands industry technologies. Understands their program, product, or O&T domain. Sufficient depth/credibility to be effective with teams they work with. Can competently represent team’s services to stakeholders and other teams. May need to bring developers or SMEs to meetings to talk details
• Program strategy defined. Delivers independently but will occasionally seek direction from peers/managers
• Nurtures good working relationships with engineers, managers, and peers
• Optimizes previously defined approaches for a team or limited area. Can demonstrate improvements using data. Utilizes department mechanisms (i.e. retrospectives, staff meetings, status meetings) to describe and drive continuous improvements
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168552