MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
The Mastercard Digital Network Services team is involved in developing cutting-edge solutions to deliver the Next Generation of Core Payment Products for Mastercard. These cutting-edge solutions are built on the Digital Network Architecture, Cloud Native principles and in a Scaled Agile Framework.
• Act as Technical Program Manager for managing new product development
• Act as Scrum Master / SAFe agilist and drive all ceremonies
• Implement Scaled Agile Framework and / or other Agile methodologies
• Guide, mentor & coach the team(s) on Agile Scrum, SaFe and XP principles
• Remove impediments with the right sense of urgency, or guide teams in doing so
• Build a trusting and safe environment for the team where problems are discussed without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
• Coordinate with various groups in MasterCard across locations to ensure success of the projects
• Being keenly aware of what is being delivered by the team and why, and the big program picture
• Maintain, Radiate and Present project related information, & metrics for leadership review
• Coordinate initiatives for automation, defect metrics and overall quality initiatives
• Recommend strategic direction, continuous improvements and policy changes.
• Advance operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements that may affect consistent delivery of quality services.
• Lead Project/Program management activities around cost, schedule, quality etc.
All About You:
• A very strong understanding and experience on SaFe Agile preferably with certifications
• Experience playing the Agile Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for new project software development teams formally and visibly applying Scrum principles and practices
• Good skills around Servant Leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvements, empowerment, and transparency
• Knowledge and practice of numerous patterns and techniques e.g. Burndown techniques, retrospective formats, defect handling etc..
• Result Oriented Professional
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills involving Business Owners, Development Teams etc. Ability to guide teams.
• Coordination and organization skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and vendors across locations to ensure success of the project.
• Strong understanding, inclination and experience towards Lean methodology in general
• Strong understanding of project/program management techniques around cost, schedule, quality etc
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145200