MasterCard Senior Systems Platform Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Platform Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Distributed Virtualization Operations team, Distributed Platform program is looking for a Senior Engineer, Systems Platform Engineering, to assist in driving our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving with an Operational mindset. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Provide level 2 day to day support of our VMWare environment
• Utilize the toolset available to continue to drive Operational excellence
• Implement automation solutions to help drive down manual change
• Document architecture, implementation instructions, and collaborate well with peers via internal wiki’s and intranet sites.
• Provide on call support, as needed.
All About You
• Have an understanding of HCI Concepts and Methodologies with specific skillsets in VMWare and the vRealize suite of products
• Chef – Understands the concepts and can read and do changes to chef cookbooks (uses Ruby/Chef DSL)
• Hands-on hardware and software Linux Server troubleshooting experience
• Have an understanding and experience in automation techniques or processes, specifically with some of the products used (Jenkins, vRO, PowerCLI, Python, Terraform, GIT, Bitbucket, Artifactory)
• Have an understanding and knowledge of x86 rack mounted servers and or blade technologies, specifically Cisco UCS and Dell rack-mounted servers, and the troubleshooting and deployment of such infrastructure
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment and have the ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Able to explain and present technical problems succinctly and clearly to management
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150781