MasterCard Senior Systems Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Mastercard’s Data & Services Infrastructure Delivery team is responsible for the deployment, configuration, maintenance, backup and support of multiple on-premise and cloud hosted data centers. In this role, you will help lead key business projects, adapting and architecting our infrastructure to support on-premise deployments of our product. Our Systems Engineers have the opportunity to build a long-term and exciting career in a dynamic technology oriented and rapidly growing organization.
• Assisting in procuring, installing, managing, and monitoring physical and virtual infrastructure in both local and remote geographies.
• Assisting with the deployment, configuration, maintenance, backup and support of private/hybrid cloud hosted data centers.
• Supporting multi-geography, multi-cloud deployments across the Azure, VMware, AWS, and GCP
• Working together with integrated, cross-functional Devops and Development teams
• Vendor Management and collaborating with multiple teams across geographies
• Automating commonly performed tasks, using scripting tools such as Powershell, Ansible, and Python
• Supporting virtualization platforms such as Hyper-V, VMware, and KVM
• Work with internal stakeholders to provision, provide access, and troubleshoot various testing and production resources
• Manage backup and recovery operations for products deployed in the cloud environment
• Participate in on call rotations, responding to after-hours incidents in a timely manner
• Mentor junior engineers and teammates
All About You
• Experience working in a cross-geography team, coordinating efforts across time zones.
• Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Products (Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory etc.)
• Experience in the Deployment/Configuration/Maintenance of the Private/Hybrid Cloud.
• Experience with cloud technology such as Azure, Azure stack hub or AWS, KVM Hypervisor or HCI solutions.
• Strong desire and prior experience automating common tasks.
• Experience deploying and supporting Virtual machines an enterprise level/on cloud platform.
• Ability to solve complex problems independently and in a team setting.
• Competency using industry standard automation/scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, SQL, Python).
• Experience with Terraform, Ansible, or other configuration management tools
• Background on cloud native tooling and orcestration technologies (Kubernetes)
• Ability to balance competing tasks and prioritize
• Proven ability to communicate with team members effectively
• Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of working in an agile team environment
• Proven ability to build trust and partnership with stakeholders
• Strong sense of urgency and drive
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126168