MasterCard Senior Specialist, Product Development - Cross-Border Services in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Product Development - Cross-Border Services
• Within Mastercard's Products & Engineering, the Cross-Border Services (previously Mastercard Send Cross-border) Product Platform team defines initiatives, elaborates features and manages the development and delivery of the capabilities supporting the Product team roadmap and ensures competitive differentiation and alignment with key Mastercard priorities.
• As a product owner and PM-T, this position works with cross-functional global stakeholders (Product Strategy, O&T/Technology teams, Service and Network Management) - both internal and external - to define the specifications of the cross-border products capabilities
• The Product Platform team is part of the PM-T guild.
• Product Owner and PM-T role for Cross-Border Services assets across Mastercard, Transfast and Homesend platforms, and for their integration with FX/Treasury, Compliance, Settlement, Accounting and Billing systems.
• Ensure the integrity and consistency of the delivery of the Cross-Border Services vision across all assets: capabilities, support chain, rationalization and mutualization of assets, readiness for growth and re-usability by other programs.
• Apply logic, reasoning, and sound decision-making skills to recommend solutions
• Work closely with Delivery managers, Product managers, Software engineers, User experience leads, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements, the specifications, the user experience, and the API strategy for the platforms building blocks.
• Flesh out the concepts and achieve clarity of thought about what will ultimately be built. Participate in the definition of the flows and interfaces for all channels (API, UI, Files) between all assets
• Provide information to technical developers on translating product requirements into technical specifications
• Joint solution design with the O&T/Technology teams in charge of developing each of the Cross-Border Services assets
• Participate in the development of functional specifications and requirements for specific products
• Ensure architecture reviews are performed across the board for alignment with MA standards and integrity + consistency of the XB Services vision. Decompose the functional and non-functional requirements into user stories, prioritize the backlog, define the acceptance criteria, accept the stories and features.
• Produce all the artifacts needed by our internal customers in the larger Product community, with auqlity level within the program standards
• Encourage re-use of their building blocks, continuously innovate on behalf of internal and external customers.
• Fully understand the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting the platform products, including: business requirements, use cases, UX, back office systems, technical stack, interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Ensure replication of knowledge, share workload on initiatives, ensure mutual back-up, help the team scale, learn and expand its scope.
• Participate to Cross-Border Services operational reviews, and address issues and improvements with Technology and Payment Operations
• Manage work efficiently to meet production goals and project deliverables
• Support and participate to UAT
• Assist with new employees training
All About You
• Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
• Experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Can communicate to peers with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• 9-11 years product development experience
• Project experience in core finance areas including money transfer, online payments, bank and card transactions, cash management, receivables, payables, general ledger and accounting.
• Experience in FX, SWIFT or ACH systems is a plus
• Accountability, sense of urgency, passion for the domain
• Superior oral and written communication, problem solving, product documentation, and product development skills
• Customer focus and analytical skills
Location: Pune, India
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131114