MasterCard Senior Specialist, Dispute Resolution-1 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Dispute Resolution-1
The mission of the Mastercard Dispute Resolution Management team is to arbitrate customer disputes and compromise events, across current, new, and evolving platforms, through the use of innovative processes, data analytics, and cyber intelligence, thereby fostering balance and integrity in the payments ecosystem. As part of Mastercard’s Franchise business unit, Dispute Resolution Management performs the following chargeback-related responsibilities- Handles customer inquiries and settles disputes relating to chargebacks, reviews and decides on arbitration and compliance cases, provides customer education on chargeback processing, serves in a consultative capacity to internal and external audiences, and manages and evolves Mastercard chargeback and arbitration rules.
• The core responsibility of this role is to review and rule complex chargeback arbitration cases specific to the Single Message Transaction Management (SMTM) system within the card present and card not present verticals at high volumes
• Research and review information/data across multiple tools and platforms to determine the appropriate ruling of arbitration cases specific to the SMTM system data to formulate the proper outcomes in conjunction with the Mastercard Chargeback Rules
• Assist with customer inquiries and provide accurate information to customers and internal partners
• Ensure internal processes are maintained to meet service and quality standards
• Assist with departmental process improvements
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
• Knowledge and/or experience with the payment card industry and processes
• Experience with chargeback or dispute management processes, or compliance programs
• Experience with case review and management
• Applied expertise with customer service principles, theories, and concepts
• Applied expertise of financial industry/banking operations practices
• Demonstrate consistent success working with business partners in support of cross-function/global program
• Exposure to relevant Microsoft Office programs and ability to create deliverables on a timely basis
• Exposure to working with various bankcard, payment or financial product lines, technologies, and/or operational environments
• Demonstrated ability to create and self-manage deliverables on a timely basis
Bachelor's degree in business, finance or information technology or equivalent work experience.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148411