MasterCard Senior Specialist - Customer Experience Designer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist - Customer Experience Designer
We are looking for an experienced User Experience/Interaction Designer passionate about the possibilities of data and data-driven experience design with good knowledge and experience of User Interface Design to join our rapidly growing, highly-innovative data and services Product Development team at our development center in Pune.
The design function works as part of wider cross-functional teams that form organically around data product ideas – collectively contributing to the rapid iteration of Prototypes and MVPs (Minimal Viable Product), mainly in the B2B and B2B2C arenas. Each design iteration is exposed to end-users at each cycle of our rapid design-test-redesign process, to ensure optimum user traction. Prototype and MVP outputs include dashboards; widgets; chatbots; web applications; mobile applications; VUI voice interfaces; digital assistants; etc. – all in service of solving complex business challenges and with an ever increasing emphasis on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
• Design of Proof-of-Concepts and Minimum Viable Data Products (MVPs) using human-centric design principles and rapid prototyping (Lean UX and Design Thinking)
• Participate in "Design Thinking" workshops – collaborating cross-functionally with industry verticals, regional leads and end-users to ensure optimal digital data products
• Explore the “art-of-the-possible” in the era of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) – whilst always maintaining regulatory compliance
• Leverage existing – and contribute net new – design patterns to Mastercard’s design pattern library
• Help define the next generation of data and data-driven products – and through doing so, help shape the future of Mastercard and its growth
• Creation of a cohesive and compelling visual language across diverse form factors: web, mobile and internet of things
• Work on future state conceptual designs, driving experimentation that improves the quality of product design overall.
• Work closely with key partners from brand & marketing, alongside the broader user experience team to drive delightful and highly usable transactional experiences leveraging the broader visual language for MasterCard.
• Work closely with our technology team to define implementation standard for our products leveraging modern presentation layer practices such as adaptive/responsive web and current and forward thinking technologies.
• Ensure that designs deliver an appropriate balance of optimizing business objectives & user engagement, in close partnership with product managers.
• Liaise with regional and country teams to ensure that designs are reflective of the diversity of needs for a global user base
• Drive VXD design across a broader ecosystem, where experiences will require tailoring to meet the needs of both MasterCard customers and end consumers
• Help define the next generation of data and data-driven products and their visualization – and through doing so, help shape the future of Mastercard and its growth
Required Experience / Knowledge / Skills (Core)
• Experience developing User Archetypes and Personas and user journeys to inform product design decisions
• Experience in rapid prototyping (Lean UX and Design Thinking)
• Experience in articulating elegant and engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes
• Experience in the implementation of creative, useable and compelling visual mockups and prototypes.
• Experience working with complex information architectures
• Experience of design-experiences across multiple media
• Experience using prototyping/wireframing tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Experience Design, Adobe Illustrator etc.
• An understanding of complex information architectures for digital applications
Additional Experience / Knowledge / Skills
• Experience in articulating elegant and engaging visual experiences using sketches, storyboards, and within prototypes
• Highly proficient in the creation of useable, compelling and elegant visual mockups and prototypes.
• Experience of visual design across multiple media and form factors: web; mobile; Internet-of-Things (IOT)
• Extensive and demonstrable experience using leading VXD software packages such as Adobe Creative Cloud / Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.) / Experience Design, Serif DrawPlus, Corel DRAW Graphics Suite / PaintShopPro, Art Rage, Xara or equivalent
• An understanding of complex information architectures for visual representation
• Any experience in motion graphic design is a strong plus
• Any experience in 3D modeling also a strong plus
• Experience consuming UX research
• Experience in leading “Design Thinking” workshops with customers to identify requirements and ideate on potential product solutions.
• Ability to identify best-in-class user experience through competitor analysis
• Experience of iterative “design-test-re-design” methodology to collect real user feedback to incorporate back into the design
• Prior experience working in a world-beating UX team
• Experience working/multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced startup-like environment
• Experience in client-facing engagements, preferably in leading them
• Empathetic champion of the user – passionate about the detail of great usability, interaction design and aesthetics to give the best possible UX
• Passionate about the possibility of data driven experiences – so-called “emergent ontologies” (patterns in the data) driving UX and UI. Passionate about the potential for data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning ML)
• Defensible point-of-view on and Adaptive v Responsive v Liquid/Fluid UI
• Defensible point-of-view on gamification
• Interest in VUIs (Voice Interfaces)
• Demonstrable knowledge of UX and Interaction Design heuristics and best practices: e.g. Lean UX; Mobile First etc.
• Demonstrable knowledge of ergonomic and usability best practices
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Design for Interactive Media, or equivalent experience
• World-beating portfolio covering multiple form-factors: desktop; tablet; mobile; wearable; other
• Demonstrable commitment to learning: insatiable to discover and evaluate new concepts and technologies to maximize design possibility.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a global payments and technology company. It operates the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129275