MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
Pinpoint, a MasterCard company is a leading provider of loyalty and rewards services to financial institutions across the Asia Pacific region. Headquartered in Sydney, we are Australia’s leading rewards program manager, with a growing footprint across the region into key markets such as China, Hong Kong, India, Taiwan and Japan. Our customer base includes financial institutions and merchants.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, writers, designers and even users. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• The Applications Development Manager is the line manager for the Scrum Team members.
List only the essential responsibilities of the position in bullet form – 5-6 maximum. Begin each with a present tense, action verb.
• Ensuring that Agile Scrum framework is being followed by the Scrum Teams
• Appropriate development tools and processes are in place
• Ensuring that automated test coverage of code is continuously improving.
• Establishing realistic estimates for timelines based on Scrum Team Velocity
• Establishing metrics for Build and UAT quality
• Release deployments are suitable resourced by the Applications Scrum teams
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
All About You
• A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
• Excellent communicator and collaborator
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to build rapport and relationships
• Understands the full SDLC
• Knowledgeable – possessing the technical knowledge, market knowledge, and other specialized knowledge of the team’s problem domain
• Team player
• Preferably a certified Product Owner or Scrum Master
• Agile Scrum experience
• Computing degree
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145065