MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard’s Employee and Identity Access Management program is responsible for providing end-to-end services to support both physical and digital access by internal employees to Mastercard systems and applications.
The Certificate Lifecycle Management Engineering (CLM) team under Shared Components is focused on onboarding new cutting-edge technologies within the Certificate Management space, enhancing existing services through automation, and executing on our strategy of access as an enabler for the business. It also provides secure key management to enable secure and trusted processing of transactions, including tokenized and EMV chip payments.
Responsible for delivering high-quality business and functional requirements (in the form of user stories) to the development teams for the purpose of completing the design, coding, testing, and implementation phases of the project life cycle
• Works closely with architect guild, analysts and technical leads from impacted teams to refine requirements for new functionality and enhancements for service platforms
• Leveraging the results of the requirements and gap analysis, builds business cases which bridge gaps in system functionality vs. user requirements to maximize Certificate and Signing Services ability to deliver on our Crypto roadmap.
• Applies detailed understanding of Certificate and Signing Services applications and business needs and its impact to confirm requirement specifications for management purposes and develop IT solutions that meet key objectives
• Participates in requirements gathering and review sessions for complex applications including functionality such as encryption and certificate management
• Performs analysis of system requirements and works closely with the development teams to ensure proper designs are achieved
• Provides technical analysis of application software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met
• Reviews test cases to ensure accuracy and complete coverage of the story’s acceptance criteria
• Provides technical support to client applications teams during implementations of new services and provides subject matter expertise for support escalations
All About You
Ability to quickly learn technical product knowledge, especially security-related concepts
• Experience working with or on an enterprise service provider application team
• Understanding of the product development lifecycle, maturity and road-mapping exercises.
• Experience working on large-scale enterprise initiatives that include multiple impact teams across the enterprise.
• Experience leveraging or developing solutions using Information Security-related concepts: Cryptography – X.509, Certificate Management Protocol (CMP), public key cryptography standards. Familiarity with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs).
• Experience in vendor management and direction - including driving the creation and execution of SOW contracts, issue management and vendor deliverables.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey messages at different levels – detailed and high-level management
• Ability to effectively drive resolution of issues and roadblocks
• Highly motivated and proactive to ensure the success of the team and product
• High degree of ownership to deliver expected objectives
• Working experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), PKCS11 and AMQP, Cryptovault and Hashicorp Vault
• Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.) and CI/CD
• Deep understanding of the platform, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems
• Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Extensive experience in designing and implementing shared web service platforms, including SOAP and RESTful API’s
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy.
• Extensive experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Node.JS, C, C++, Java, Data Structures, Jenkins, MSSQL, GIT, Unix & Windows
• Expert knowledge with the Confluence, Splunk , Rally, Remedy and JIRA tools
• Hands on experience in code reviews and change management
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-162853