MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Core Payments of MasterCard is involved in developing Authorization, Clearing, Debit and other major functionalities for MasterCard. Analyze and create cutting edge solutions for Core Payments teams. Proficient with COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL,PROC,Microfocus COBOL, TWS Scheduler and DB2 LUW.
• Hands on Experience with Software development
• Hands on Experience with Microfocus COBOL, DB2 LUW and TWS scheduler
• Coordinate with other groups including vendors to ensure success of the project.
• Develop project schedule and track the deliverables
• Coordinate with other groups including vendors and other groups within MasterCard to ensure success of the project.
• Have you worked in a full lifecycle development project and used various development methodologies including Agile.
• Do you have an understanding of Payment and Cards industry?
• Are you a technical Subject Matter Expert who can guide young talent?
• Design and Develops software which is high on performance and meets business requirements.
• Maintain and present project related metrics reporting for management review
• Technical Lead for proposing solutions to the team
Lead initiatives for automation, defect metrics and overall quality initiatives
• Handle coordination between teams based in various locations
All About You
• Experience in Batch and online development
• Experience in CI and CD
• Involved and spearhead quality initiatives
• Result oriented individual Automation experience and Code Quality
• Strong Communicator.
• Ability to guide people to implement the right solution
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167575