MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Essential knowledge, skills & attributes
• For this role, Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming in Java and Groovy + Grails for Web-based applications including security implementation.
• Hands on experience of on working with core Java, application servers (Jboss), SQL & RDBMS (PostGRES), Web-services (JSON and SOAP) & XML
• Hands on experience of using IntelliJ or Eclipse/My Eclipse IDE, writing Junit test cases, working with Maven/Ant, GIT
• Able to provide Design and Development Support
• Understand application layering
• Experience with modern software development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, etc.)
• Personal attributes are strong logical and Analytical Skills, should be able to articulate his/her thoughts very clearly and precisely in English (written and verbal)
• Experience of working in Payments application Domain
• Experience of working on Jasper Reports
• Hands on experience of working with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, Sonar
• Hands on experience of technologies like JSF, JSTL, AJAX, JQuery, WS-Security, Spring Security, Log4j
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-165193