MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer (Big Data, Hadoop, Cassandra)
Job Level: 7
Prepaid Management Services is the division of mastercard that concentrates on Prepaid Solutions such as our Multi-Currency Cash Passport product. Traditionally focused on the Travel sector this business unit is driving forward Prepaid throughout the world with innovative and leading solutions that we integrate with Global brands. This role is within the Global Technology Services (GTS) team which is part of the wider mastercard Operations & Technologies group. We provide high quality evolutionary and operational capabilities to support the mastercard Prepaid Management Services business.
• The Agile Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• Big Data Senior Professional is software engineer working within multi-disciplined, agile teams. Responsible for producing high-quality, appropriate web based solutions for both internal and external customers in Prepaid Management Services.
• The Agile Team ensures all development work adheres to design and development standards, guidelines and roadmap defined by the Prepaid Management Services Leadership and Architecture teams.
• Take an active participatory role in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospectives.
• Analyze current processes and systems to produce designs that can be scaled and evolved.
• Actively seeks to minimize code, maximize the quality and simplify architecture.
• Ensuring to work with different teams across the company to implement new data solutions while maintaining the stability of the platform.
• Assessing technologies and approaches for ingestion, transformation and storage.
• Developing scalable streaming solutions based on Hadoop stack such as HDFS, Spark, MongoDB, Hive, Core Java, Spark, ETL process and sharing expertise with NoSQL & MongoDB/ Cassandra.
• Reviews existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Designing solutions based on those for solving Big Data problems in the industry.
• Ensures individual and team tasks are performed on-time by communicating and working closely with other members of the team.
• Produces technical design documentation as required and ensures work complies with the architectural roadmap. Identifies and updates existing design documents impacted due to changes.
All About You
• More than three years of experience of application design and development experience of more than 6 years.
• A record of successful designing of software applications as an individual.
• Preferably a certified in Hadoop and/or NoSQL/MongoDB/Cassandra stream.
• Excellent communicator and collaborator
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to build rapport and relationships
• Understands the full SDLC & have Agile Scrum experience.
• Follows Extreme Programming (XP) practices.
• Knowledgeable – possessing the technical knowledge, market knowledge, and other specialised knowledge of the team’s problem domain
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175264