MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Global Customer Care team drives operational support resolution for Mastercard’s B2B & B2C customers and represents the customer internally to ensure our company provides the highest quality customer experiences.
The Senior Software Engineer will play a critical role in creating new products and functionality for both backend and customer facing features.
Provide technical expertise to ensure effective delivery of software capabilities. Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs.
Partner with Scrum Master and Product Owners to lead day to day software development efforts. Contribute to the planning and development of software solutions.
Perform code reviews of co-worker’s deliverables to ensure best practices. Ensure adherence to established software development process.
Effectively communicate to management, business owners, and other stake holders.
All about you:
• Advanced experience in Java 8, Spring Boot, , Angular 7+, Bootstrap/UIKit, Design patterns, threading, unit testing & debugging
• Advanced experience employing agile development strategies and ceremonies
• Advanced understanding and hands-on experience with Web/Application servers like JBoss, Apache Tomcat.
• Advanced understanding and hands-on experience with tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT, Rally/Jira, CI (Jenkin / Bamboo)/CD.
• Advanced understanding and hands-on experience with cloud-based hosting concepts using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function in a collaborative (Agile) environment
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182348