MasterCard Senior Software Engineer - Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer - Test
Mastercard Processing (MP) Europe is a fully Mastercard owned processing asset, a brand agnostic payment processing company. Over the past few years, MP Europe has developed its business and expanded into other EU countries. We offer comprehensive payment solutions to banks, financial institutions, and non-traditional issuers (i.e. FinTech, retailers). We drive innovation in card processing covering both physical and digital space.
MP Europe has invested in the best-in-class solutions in order to support end-to-end product lifecycle including a wide range of value-added services, as well as customer support via different servicing channels. MP Europe’s mission is to deliver innovative and reliable payment processing solutions. Our company leverages industry best practices combined with payment expertise to drive client revenue and profitability.
Your Role -
The PTS EU team is looking for a Sr Software Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, and analytical.
• Enthusiastic & passionate about software quality, testing, automation
• Strong focus on automation and quality, Hands on experience of writing Test scenario & Test cases for software development applications
• Works to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Experience of working with Agile methodologies.
• Personal attributes are strong logical and Analytical Skills, should be able to articulate and present his/her thoughts very clearly and precisely
All about you –
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Experience in Java, Selenium, JBehave/Cucumber, Soap UI, Spring framework, REST, JSON, Eclipse, GIT.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test cases, test automation scripts and test execution.
• Strong problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking and solid communication.
• Experience testing APIs (REST and SOAP), web user interface, and/or reports.
• Understanding & working experience with DB – Oracle / PL SQL
• Experience on performance tools like Jmeter/Loadrunner etc
Good to have –
• Sound knowledge & working experience in payment processing eco system
• Experience in implementing CI/CD build pipelines with tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins and Maven
• Shell scripting knowledge with Python or any similar language
• Ability to mentor & guide team mates
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-184550