MasterCard Senior Software Engineer, Settlement in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer, Settlement
All About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
The chosen candidate for this position will be the Sr Software Engineer in a strong software engineering team and responsible for delivery of high quality software solutions using agile methodology.
• The Settlement team develops and supports applications that provide exceptional settlement, and risk systems processes.
• The chosen candidate for this position will be a strong technical lead and architect of the software engineering team that develop and delivery of Settlement software solutions.
• The Settlement system is now on an evolution to new technology to SOA architecture. This position would be a key contributor for executing on this evolution.
• Are you a leader, influencer and innovator?
• Do you want to be part of an agile software development, collaborative environment?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you love to solve problems and find creative solutions?
•Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs). Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
•Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application appropriate frameworks and provide recommendations to Management. Perform PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help Department in the selection of Technology. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
•Partner with Project Managers in implementation of processes per the evolving needs of the team and the solutions. Create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist project manager with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project. Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team. Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department.
•Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards. Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities. Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
•Lead and guide team through all phases of the SDLC of an application. Successfully lead production incident and problem management, identification of root cause and remediation of the problems. Mentor, coach and assist project team members. Provide Brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for the projects.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Agile Methodologies is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Comprehensive experience with the following: Java, Web Service Design and Development, SOA
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179335