MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in QE in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer in QE
The FLD team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality, Functional testing, Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.), acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer in Test
• Develop automated test scripts and execute to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using, Rally or such solution life cycle management tools.
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members.
All About You
• Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, and XML
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: APIs - REST and SOAP.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY etc.
• Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to unit testing frameworks.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking and good communication.
All About You:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. 6+ years of work experience with hands on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Eclipse IDE, Spring, JUnit, SOAP UI Pro, Selenium, QTP, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP).
• Exposure to DevOps practices (Continuous Integration and Delivery, Tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo) desirable but not mandatory.
• Experience in testing Web services and Web projects across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, Multiple OS/Browsers) – specific focus on cross browser and cross device test strategies.
• Experience in modern test techniques such as Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD).
• Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly. Solid leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (Rally), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously and communicate results.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-160653