MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Franchise and Legal Solutions (FLS) Program contributes to the future of Mastercard by enabling growth in products, markets, services and innovations in an increasingly complex and competitive environment, while protecting our brand and business. We support, enable, and protect the franchise agreement by implementing the rules of the road for anyone interacting with our business. Our teams design, develop, and maintain comprehensive business solutions that connect the dots across different regions and functions. Our deep technology portfolio offers ample room for engineers to use innovation as a driver of strategy. Technologists working with us will grow in Agile, architecture, design, engineering, and strategy.
Franchise and Legal Solutions Program is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to drive best practices for software development while delivering on our customer commitments.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
All About You
• Understands internal of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mainframe) to write interoperable and performant code; able to perform debugging and troubleshooting to analyze core, heap, thread dumps and remove coding errors; understands cryptography techniques and libraries to build secure communication and user authentication/authorization (e.g., OAuth1.0a, SAML, GnuTLS, OpenSSL, PKCS#11, CryptLib, JCA/JCP, JWT/JWS/JWE)
• Understands and implements standard branching (e.g., Gitflow) and peer review practices; Apply tools (e.g., Sonar, Zally, Checkmarx ) and techniques to scan and measure code quality and anti-patterns as part of development activity; understands and builds test code at the unit level, service level, and integration level to ensure code and functional coverage
• Able to apply DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle to enable common library development for enterprise-wide reuse; possess skills in test-driven and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD) to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality; has skills to author test code with lots of smaller tests followed by few contract tests at service level and fewer journey tests at the integration level (Test Pyramid concept)
• Understands the use of basic design patterns (e.g., factory, adaptor, singleton, composite, observer, strategy, inversion of control); has skills in building applications using open frameworks to achieve reuse and reduce development times (e.g., Spring Boot, Steeltoe, Angular, DXP, others)
• Understand use cases for advanced design patterns (e.g., service-to-worker, MVC, API gateway, intercepting filter, dependency injection, lazy loading, all from the gang of four) to implement efficient code; understands and implements Application Programming Interface (API) standards and cataloging to drive API/service adoption and commercialization
• Has skills to orchestrate release workflows and pipelines and apply standardized pipelines via APIs to achieve CI and CD using standard orchestration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, AWS/Azure pipelines, XL Release, others)
• Understands requirement analysis being an essential part of delivering value to our customers and partners with peers to participate in elaboration, prioritization, and effort estimation
• Has skills to collaborate with team and business stakeholders to estimate requirements (e.g., story pointing) and prioritize based on business value; understands work classification to determine software capitalization opportunities; has skills to elaborate and estimate non-functional requirements, including security (e.g., data protection, authentication, authorization), regulatory, and performance (SLAs, throughput, transactions per second)
• Understands different SDLC practices (Waterfall/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe) and the delivery situations they are used for; familiar with SDLC stages starting from requirements gathering to production rollout and key decision gates in each stage; has skills to track work using Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) tools (e.g., Jira, Rally)
• Has skills to understand, report, and optimize delivery metrics to continuously improve upon them (e.g., velocity, throughput, lead time, defect leakage, burndown); has the ability to document and drive definition-of-done for requirements to meet both business and operational needs; understands the cost of defects and implements a well-defined defect life cycle to minimize defect leakage and improve customer and operational experience; has skills to conduct product demos and co-ordinate with product owners to drive product acceptance sign-offs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132816