MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Have you ever developed an application with scalability and global distribution in mind?
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment, and energetic, innovative team?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
The Mastercard Data Governance & Regulation team is looking for a high-energy, detail oriented engineer to help advance the Connect experience for both our customers and our internal users. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, rewarding environment.
• Build (and test) existing code as well as all new cloud-ready code using Java, Angular, Spring Boot, and other technologies
• Introduces new technologies, recommends new platforms/libraries.
• Excellent at design principles such as DRY, Single Responsibility, SOLID
• Ability to implement IoC, Dependency Injection
• Builds reusable frameworks
• Drives measurable improvements in the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your team’s software.
• Provides feedback on peer design and code includes optimization and simplification recommendations.
• Difficult architecture and business problems. Solutions are extensible. Outlines and takes opportunity to optimize, simplify, de-bottleneck
• Improves the interfaces and integrations with related teams.
• Develops solutions that successfully launch software or resolve architecture deficiencies. May require multiple developers.
• Leads projects to improve engineering, test and operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of team architecture. Makes trade-offs between short terms and long term needs.
• Troubleshoots problems, defines root cause and permanently corrects within application and dependent systems.
• The Sr. Engineer is a hands-on senior developer who is experienced with Java, Angular, REST API and Jenkins, using Cloud technologies.
• You will be responsible for developing and running micro services
• Working within an Agile development methodology, you will collaborate with other engineers and tech leads to deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers.
• In addition, you'll have the opportunity to work with new frameworks and technologies, assist with prototyping and proof-of-concepts, participate in code reviews, and help ensure a high level of code quality from the team.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices and software development processes.
All About You:
• Key Technology Focus Areas
o Java, REST API, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Angular, Swagger, Git
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121609