MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Mastercard Data Warehouse builds and supports various analytics and reporting platform that includes Domo, Power BI, Tableau, SSRS and WebFOCUS. The ecosystem also includes Microsoft BI stack involving SSAS & SSIS and Alteryx ETL tool. These tools are used to deliver insights and reporting capabilities to wide group of users across the organization in order to support business decisioning and growth drivers of various products/solutions.
Ideal candidates will answer yes to all of the following questions:
• Have you worked in an agile development team?
• Have you worked in Data Warehouse and/or Business Intelligence projects in different domains?
• Are you proficient in any BI reporting tool, ETL too or Analytics model tool (example SSAS)
• Are you passionate about building technology to deliver quality solutions providing superior customer experience?
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to learn new skills and applications quickly?
• Design and develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artefacts within expected time and budget
• Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Front-end Developers, Report/BI Developers and Product Owners to implement full scale enterprise BI solutions
• Work closely with Product Owners to develop beautiful, usable UIs and creative visualizations as an Individual contributor
• Stay abreast of Analytics technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
• Participate in architectural discussions , iteration planning, and feature sizing meetings
• Develop reports and data models using various BI tools (Tableau/Domo/Power BI/SSRS)
• Provide support during System and User Acceptance Testing
• Adhere to Agile processes and participate actively in agile ceremonies
All About You
Ideal candidates will have experience developing and supporting BI reporting solutions, ETL solutions and other analytics solutions in a Data Warehouse ecosystem. Specific experience should optimally include:
• Experience in any reporting tool - (Tableau/Domo/Power BI/SSRS)
• Experience in BI dimensional modelling using tools like SSAS , Power BI.
• In-depth understanding of designing and developing Microsoft SSAS tabular cubes – facts, dimensions, partitions, cube refresh strategy, automated cube data load
• Experience in writing DAX and MDX queries against SSAS cubes
• Strong SQL programming skills
• Experience in one or more ETL tools – SSIS/Alteryx/Informatica/any open source tool
• Understanding of Exadata/Oracle/Netezza/SQL server databases
• Report and dashboard development in Data Warehouse environment
• In-depth understanding of designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions for different personas (analysts, sales, marketing, research etc.)
• Exposure and understanding of complete SDLC
• Experience in AGILE methodology
• Experience in working with global teams
• Exposure to big data platforms like Hadoop will be added advantage
• Exposure to languages like R, Python and similar technology is added advantage"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-116678