MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint / Iteration.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Responsible for the creation of a software product as per the definition in the product backlog
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical expertise for software development in a Scrum team?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a developer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of this position:
• Work closely with Solution Architect in designing applications, based on TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Be part of Scrum Team and work on new technology adoption / processes
• Estimate the size of backlog items that they are responsible for delivering.
• Translate backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
• Write technical User Stories for backlog
• Implement sprint backlog items
• Write unit tests/functional tests/integration tests as per the definition of done for the Scrum team.
• Write and verify code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
• Application of product development best practices as per industry standards
• Support UAT – resolving issues as per business priority
• Post Implementation Support and production support
• Ensure we move towards common technical goal
Java, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, AngularJS, REST
Other Experience Desired:
Postgres, pgAdmin, Spring, Apache Kafka, IntelliJ
• All About You
• Knowledge and understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies is required.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new processes, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Proficient with one or more object-oriented languages e.g. Java etc.
• Good to have understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL
• Knowledge and understanding of Internet applications and frameworks
• Strong English language communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong relationship, collaboration and organizational skills.
• Experience with Agile/SAFe required
• Experience in delivering secure solutions, especially within Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132659