MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
The Performance Engineering team within MasterCard’s Payment Gateway Services business plays a vital role to help our Business Teams change the world for the better through innovation in advanced transaction processing and digital commerce.
• Do you have the deep software engineering know-how that can test drive a high-performance architecture at its limits?
• Do you have a passion for automation, performance budgeting in CICD, and performance scoring culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Ready to use your end-to-end app knowledge to help us identify and deliver on throughput performance improvements?
About the role
• Drive the holistic performance strategy for Mastercard Payment Gateway Services, performance testing, analysis, tuning, anomaly detection, and performance architecture for MPGS capabilities.
• Implement best practices for end-to-end application performance measurement and improvement, covering environment, techniques, SLA metrics; scalability architecture for better performance; and performance profiling/troubleshooting and improvement.
• Develop real-time performance dashboards and provide daily transparency of production application performance to stakeholders
• Build, automate, manage, and report on Stress, Volume & Performance Tests.
All About You
• Performance testing experience in designing and implementing a performance test strategy, then interpreting and presenting the results to stakeholders
• Demonstrated success in making performance improvements on large-scale software platforms, from building automated testing infrastructure and repeatedly identifying trouble-spots, through to implementing performance gains multiple groups.
• Strong holistic understanding of technology and its relationships, and a good understanding of the tech stack and how interconnected systems impact on performance, spanning Networks, Databases, Servers, and Software.
• Multiple tool expertise e.g. Neoload, Jmeter, LoadRunner, Gatling, and APM tools e.g. Dynatrace AppDynamics, CA APM and/or Splunk; and Quality Engineering tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141799