MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer (Web Development), Loyalty – Offers in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer (Web Development), Loyalty – Offers
Mastercard Loyalty Solutions provides a wide range of loyalty assets including the design, implementation, and operations of cardholder loyalty programs as well as cardholder promotions, benefits, and insurance services. These solutions enable issuers to reward, protect and assist cardholders driving overall card usage, retention and brand preference.
The Loyalty – Offers team is a collaborative organization and this role will interface with various global teams to serve our clients. This role will be on a team of high performing, co-located individuals representing different functional web development roles with all the necessary skills to create enterprise capabilities for Loyalty - Offers. Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Are you passionate about software engineering?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work?
This position will develop, deliver and support the Loyalty - Offers Platform. The objective for this role is to provide strong technical ownership for website development that leverages big data stores and real time data streams.
• Contribute to all parts of software development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
All About You:
• Strong foundation in data structures and core computer science concepts.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, Python, Angular, Scala, C++, etc.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
• Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
• Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
• Significant advanced code development, code review and modest day-to-day support duties
• Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions
• IT experience including being involved in IT projects on a full time basis
• Able to mentor peers and guide less experienced Team members
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133825