MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Engineering-1 in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Engineering-1
Prepaid Management Services is the division of mastercard that concentrates on Prepaid Solutions such as our Multi-Currency Cash Passport product. Traditionally focused on the Travel sector this business unit is driving forward Prepaid throughout the world with innovative and leading solutions that we integrate with Global brands. This role is within the Global Technology Services (GTS) team which is part of the wider mastercard Operations & Technologies group. We provide high quality evolutionary and operational capabilities to support the mastercard Prepaid Management Services business.
• The Agile Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• A hands-on Senior Software Engineer is a role within multi-disciplined, agile teams. Responsible for producing high-quality, appropriate web based solutions for both internal and external customers in Prepaid Management Services.
• The Agile Team ensures all development work adheres to design and development standards, guidelines and roadmap defined by the Prepaid Management Services Leadership and Architecture teams.
• Take active participatory role in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospectives.
• Works independently and develop the complex component.
• Master of design principles such as DRY, Single Responsibility, SOLID.
• Drives measurable improvements in the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your team’s software.
• Outlines and takes opportunity to optimize, simplify, de-bottleneck
• Leads program to improve engineering, test and operations.
• Troubleshoots problems, defines root cause and permanently correct within application and dependent systems.
• Retains a focus on completion, identifying and resolving issues. Produces technical design documentation as required and ensures work complies with the architectural roadmap. Identifies and updates existing design documents impacted due to changes.
• Assures to deliver high quality, scalable solutions based on Java technology.
• Performs high-level and detailed feature estimations.
• Adheres to the development process and suggests improvements where appropriate.
• Ensures individual and other engineers tasks are performed on-time by communicating and working closely with other members.
All About You
• Advanced experience in JAVA development (Java, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Web Services, Eclipse, Apache) and Scala.
• Advanced understanding of WebSphere/JBOSS/Tomcat.
• Good database development knowledge (Oracle v10+, PLSQL).
• Experience with microservices and Pivotal Cloud Foundry are highly desired.
• Experience with test-driven development practices and technologies, e.g. JUnit, Maven, etc.
• Experience with Agile development methods
• Experience with version control systems (GIT), and CI tools (Jenkins, Fortify, Sonar)
• Code packaging and deployment automation.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-93737