MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Shared Services group is on a mission to drive adoption and evolve our Consumer Data Management (CDM) Services. These are internally consumed capabilities that are the foundation for Mastercard's product and service offerings globally. We provide a secure, unified source of Consumer PII/PCI data for all Mastercard products, allowing us to achieve a uniform view of a Consumer across all of our Products and Business platforms, to meet the needs of regulatory requirements. Our reusable API services allow us to manage the Consumers entire lifecycle from on-boarding to authentication so that Market facing programs can avoid having to do this development repeatedly and can focus on their core business services and capabilities.
The Mastercard CDM team in Pune is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to drive our consumer data management experience strategy forward through innovation and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. As a group, we have a Lean-Agile focus on delivering the right solutions to internal and external customers with the highest quality in the shortest lead times.
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, low latency, highly scalable Java based services. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Driving the overall test strategy for Consumer Data Management service offerings, adhering to test automation standards of excellence.
• Provide guidance and direction on test approach and help elevate our overall standard of testing. Challenge developers to write high quality tests and bring vision and insights to how we test.
• Partner with Product Owners, Technical leads and other developers to understand features, identify test needs and ensure that our designs have testability in mind.
• Conduct POCs where required to enable early automation and ensure framework additions are in place.
• Monitoring of unit test coverage and quality gating. Ownership for smoke/integration across all environments and reporting on automation runs.
• Ownership of performance suite, test runs and analysis of results.
• Research and implement alternative test frameworks, tools and strategies to meet changing business needs.
• Sharing competence and knowledge across the team.
• Execution of exploratory testing as required.
All About You
• Excellent hands-on test automaton skills in Java with experience in unit, functional and integration testing for both UI and API based applications/services
• Expert in software development test approaches & frameworks: TDD/BDD, Unit tests, Cucumber, Spock, Groovy.
• Experience working in a cloud environment, e.g. PCF, Azure.
• Experience in defining performance tests using JMeter and identifying performance bottlenecks and coming up with novel ways to solve them.
• Proven experience in elevating test standards and spearheading quality initiatives.
• Good programming skills in Java and micro-service development.
• Good understanding of scrum methodology of application development
• Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL persistence technologies, e.g. MongoDB, Redis.
• Command of CI/CD principles and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Chef.
• Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace or other monitoring solutions an advantage.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrates a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Highly motivated and interested in cultivating a high-performance team environment.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132753