MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
The ICS QE team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Performance Test to drive best practices for exploratory and automated testing while delivering on our customer commitments. This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality Engineering, end to end test automation ,performance testing and adoption of development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.) amongst various delivery teams within Mastercard. Quality Engineering Team at Integrated Consumer Solutions is a dedicated team of software quality engineers leading quality initiatives across various applications. The team will be leading the quality transformation and working to facilitate best Testing practices across Integrated Consumer Solutions program.
Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on performance testing to work closely with developers and leads to perform performance testing. The candidate is passionate about their career, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment. Interacting with technology staff including Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of projects and engage in design, development and test engineering activities. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an quality driven mindset.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day – own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• This position will focus on driving performance testing for end to end journey testing across applications.
• Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Ensure adoption of best quality testing practices for cloud native applications with principles of 12 factor applications adhered to.
• Understands automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation, service layer testing as it applies to environment and test date usage.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with Lead Engineers, Project Manager and Senior Management throughout the life cycle of the project
• Extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Develops and implements QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies; partners with other functions to establish testing requirements
• Acts as first-review for project-level reviews, walk through and inspections
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Work with the application development and testing teams to assist with problem resolution and troubleshooting during Regression, UAT, and customer testing efforts.
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Understands operational and engineering experience and actively works to improve experience and metrics in the ownership area
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
• Identify opportunities to improve an overall process and trim waste
• Share and seek knowledge within their Guild/Program to drive reuse and productivity
All About You
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Experience in the software engineering / test automation field.
• Excellent technical acumen, strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to critical thinking and solid communication. Strong experience in Automated testing/software development.
• Experience in creating and running automation scripts using technologies: Eclipse IDE, Java, Spring Boot, JUnit, Karate Framework, Insomnia , Jenkins, Databases, APIs (REST), Git, Bitbucket, JSON ,Swagger, code review and scanning tools configuration, and branching techniques.
• Experience in creating and analysing functional tests across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), micro services and Databases etc
• Exposure to application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Experience of Agile methodologies and working within scrum team
• Exposure of test and defect management tools such as RALLY/Agile Central.
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability. (Preferred)
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication skills. (Must)
• Ability to manage multiple priority efforts in parallel and ensure Quality Assurance standards are followed. (Must)
• Application Automation experience using Java (Preferred)
• Experience on performance tools like JMeter/LoadRunner/Protractor etc
• Experience REST Assured, other service-layer framework
• Has a broad understanding of Software Engineering concepts, testing and methodologies
• Strong documentation skills and presentations skills
• Has familiarity with tools (e.g. Sonar, Checkmarx) to scan and measure code quality and anti-patterns
• Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java, Angular, React, etc.
• Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures
• Adept at API automations, managing and constructing test data, ability to automate user scenarios, perform risk assessment, and demo the product feature
• Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms
• Experience and knowledge of continuous delivery and/or continuous integration.
• Familiar with the SAFe methodology is a plus
• Experience with Spring Framework
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129919