MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality Engineering, functional and regression test automation and exploratory testing, and adoption of development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.) in payment authentication space.
• This position will focus on driving quality and testing processes for various Mastercard applications.
• This position will develop and execute functional, non-functional, white box, integration and reliability testing for applications keeping automation in mind.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• This position will own quality functional areas and must be able to define test and environment strategies.
• Drive adoption of development standards and Mastercard engineering principles early in the life cycle.
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members.
• Position will develop and maintain automated testing frameworks.
• Interacts with technology staff including Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of projects and engage in design, development, and test engineering activities.
All About You
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Excellent technical acumen, strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, and solid communication.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Eclipse IDE, Spring, JUnit, SOAP UI Pro, Selenium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), code review and scanning tools and configuration, branching techniques.
• 6-10 years of experience in the software engineering field.
• Exposure to DevOps practices (continuous integration and delivery, tools such as Jenkins).
• Experience in testing Web services and Web projects.
• Experience in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
• Expertise in agile delivery, software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with agile testing methodologies and tools such as Rally. Exposure to SAFE Agile is preferred.
• Exposure to application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-131229