MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Quality Engineering at Switching Solutions is a dedicated team of software quality engineers leading quality initiatives across various applications.
• The team will be leading the quality transformation and working to facilitate best DevTestOps practices across Switching Solutions.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development to work closely with developers and leads to build test scenarios, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for working on automation for cloud native applications. This position will work for ensuring quality across new product development of Core Switching applications.
• Ensure adoption of best quality testing practices for cloud native applications with principles of 12 factor applications adhered to.
• Develop and Execute Test Automation for DNA (Digital Native Architecture) based applications.
• Understands automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation, service layer testing as it applies to environment and test date usage.
• Comprehends user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality, Functional testing, Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.), acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
All About You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Must have extensive hands on experience on the below listed skillset.
• Experience in System and Integration testing. (Must)
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), micro services, cloud native. (Must)
• Hands on experience in Groovy scripting. (Must)
• Experience in working in Agile Methodology. (Must)
• Security Testing Tool like Fortify, Checkmarks etc. (Must)
• Exposure in building and using automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, JSON and XML. (Must)
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage. (Must)
• Experience in DevOps in a large enterprise environment and ability to implement cloud based DNA practices.(Preferred)
• Exposure to Software Engineering Principles. (Preferred)
• Knowledge in migrating from legacy technologies such as mainframes to Cloud/micro-services. (Preferred)
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability. (Preferred)
• Domain knowledge in Core Payments specifically around Knowledge in testing real time transactions-preferably Authorization, Clearing and Reconciliation systems. (Preferred)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-117980