MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer-2 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer-2
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Payment Network Solutions - Switching Gateway provides a single payment connection that supports Mastercard and non-Mastercard branded financial transactions. It is a streamlined interface that enables transaction originators and receivers (e.g., merchants, financial institutions, and processors) to connect to other players in the payment ecosystem. Our team of integrators, analysts, testers and subject matter experts work together to build four platforms that encompasses full lifecycle of payment processing. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving.
All About You
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education required
• Knowledge and experience of various IBM Mainframes technologies such as Cobol, JCL, DB2, CICS, MQ. Scheduling tools - OPC/CA7, Version control - Endevor/Changeman
• Knowledge of Mastercard, Cards payments industry preferred. Knowledge and experience with FIS’s Connex or IST product suite is a plus
• Advanced knowledge and experience with software developmet engineering principals including waterfall and agile methodologies is required
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate project goal, and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills while adaptive to Change
• Leadership, interpersonal, and negotiation skills required with a track record for developing internal and external relationships
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139138