MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer-1 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer-1
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
To drive Ethoca, a Mastercard company, future growth, we are scaling our platform and building new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We’re interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive, yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap, we are evaluating and implementing new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. Our backend tiers are presently JVM-based. We are using or considering technologies like Kafka, Springboot, ElasticSearch, Angular 10, Bootstrap, Chef, Ansible, Openstack, Docker and so on.
We want to hire a Senior Software Development Engineer who has a proven record of leading and solutioning microservice design and development using the appropriate industry leading products, patterns, and practices!
• Work as a member of an agile team to design, build, test, and deploy new products and features
• Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and handle constructive feedback on ideas
• Produce high quality code while employing community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
• Provide technical guidance, support and mentoring to more junior team members
• Make significant contributions to architectural decisions
• Make technology recommendations that balance business needs and technical requirements
• Proactively understand stakeholder needs, goals, expectations and viewpoints to deliver results
• Effectively host technology education forums (i.e. Technology Brown Bag Session) around relevant topics for the wider organization
• Ensure design thinking accounts for long term maintainability of code
• Independently apply problem solving skills to identify symptoms and root causes of issues
• Make effective and efficient decisions even when data is ambiguous
• Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
• Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front-end and server-side through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
• Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Advanced level experience of web-based system development
• Advanced knowledge of Java and the JVM
• Expertise in microservice-based applications development using Springboot
• Expertise with Kafka, K-Streams, Kappa architecture.
• Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns that are easily horizontally scaled
• Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
• Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
• Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environmentDeep understanding and significant experience of Java, JVM, and Spring ecosystem
• Experience of Cloud Native Development targeting a major Cloud Provider
• Experience working with Linux Virtual Machines in a Cloud Environment
• Experience building and managing REST APIs
• Experience crafting single page applications (SPA’s) as well as distributed systems using Java, Spring, Angular, and Bootstrap
• Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
• Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118180