MasterCard Senior Java Engineer - [ Core Java, Spring, Wicket, SOAP / REST, Hibernate / ibatis, PL/SQL / Oracle ] in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Java Engineer - [ Core Java, Spring, Wicket, SOAP / REST, Hibernate / ibatis, PL/SQL / Oracle ]
Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Understand & deliver requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to MasterCard’s specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members
•Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
•Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
•Accountable for systems development life cycle including creating high quality documents for design /development and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed unit testing strategy, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
•Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
•Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
•Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
•Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Provide technical training to the other team members.
•Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
•Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities
•Experience in implementing projects and systems using agile methodologies will be added advantage.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in related field delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Multi-tiered Web application deployment knowhow
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• OOP, Core Java, Advanced Java, Spring, JMS, Web Services (SOAP & REST)
• Hibernate/iBatis/JPA, Oracle Database, PL/SQL & Advanced PL/SQL techniques
• Performance Tuning, Participate in code reviews (Technical & Functional)
• Apache wicket and Payment domain knowledge will be an added value advantage
• Basics of Unix OS
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-80943