MasterCard Senior Engineer - DevOps in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Engineer - DevOps
The Digital Wallet Ecosystem (DWE) program is part of Mastercard Markets and Localization team, responsible for driving the identification of new opportunities across different markets and building bespoke solutions and integrating with the wider Mastercard products and services.
The DWE program aspires to be the platform of choice for economies moving into the Digital first world of payments. We are building a solution and an ecosystem to enable the Mastercard multi-rail capabilities into these markets, building a Digital Payment Hub that integrates with Mastercard and Industry Payment processing and management solutions – both in the online and offline world.
Our positioning puts us right in the middle of 3 key dimensions –
• Integrating with a varied set of global and regional Payments solutions,
• Ensuring Security as we deliver services in both an API-first approach and over mobile platforms, and
• Building a unique customer experience coupled with a set of compelling user journeys, meeting the ever growing and varied Digital financial needs of consumers.
We live by the ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers.
In this role, you will be building and supporting an enterprise payments solution integrating with multiple external systems and exposing digital payments experiences for consumers and merchants via APIs. You will be part of an agile team of 8 -12 teammates and practice DevOps to achieve operational targets. This is a senior position in the team, so you will also play a part in coaching and mentoring your junior counterparts. We are looking for a hand-on, skilled and passionate Senior Devops Engineer who:
• Strong experience of version control systems, product deployment and infra management for multiple environments. Understanding of cloud infra management and DevSecOps would be a plus.
• Perform assessment of technology frameworks and integration products to meet demand of growing capability and scale.
• Be an active participant of your DevOps team with full accountability of CI/CD, test automation, support and monitoring of functions within a team.
• Adhere to and drive maturity of engineering processes and standards, including change management principles and processes to ensure deliverables meet or exceed defined quality standards.
• Develop own and peers skills and be a mentor to junior peers, to build T-shaped team.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
This role will also require you to participate in occasional weekend work and on call work.
All About You
Bachelor or Master's degree in the area of Computer Science or Engineering
• 8+ years of experience in software engineering majorly in Devops.
• Strong hands-on experience in tools and technologies related to version control, configuration management and deployment automation.
• Should be able to skillfully perform tasks around infra orchestration, monitoring, analytics and have knowledge on testing and clpud quality tools.
• Experience in working with cloud technologies (Docker, K8s, AWS/Azure), micro-service design, CI/CD (Jenkins/Chef).
• Proven track record in building and automating process to streamline improve engineering processes.
• Awareness of network protocols, DevSecOps, Infrastructure as code and good troubleshooting skills for complex platform architectures would be an additional advantage.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an Agile(Scrum/SAFe) environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Enjoys collaborating with a team while working independently towards a goal.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-128569