MasterCard Senior Devops Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Devops Engineer
Overview: Mastercard are looking for a talented Devops engineer to join the Foundry Devops team. The team focuses on Research and Development with Devops providing technical support for design, infrastructure and operations within Foundry. Key tasks in the role include support of production hosting environments for all Labs projects, implementation and maintenance of Labs development services, release automation and researching new technologies and processes.
• Role requires working with various cross-functional engineering specialists, project managers and
application development teams to define and implement a cloud-based hosting solution.
• Serves as the technology expert on building technical requirements with a focus on cloud solutions
• Responsible for helping to define the design, implementation and support of all Labs infrastructure
and operational components. This includes: cloud-based hosting, traditional on-premise hosting
environments, development infrastructure (Linux, Apache, LDAP, JBoss, Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle,
Postgres, Git and others)
• Deploy solutions in public, private, and hybrid clouds including integration scenarios that require
mixed (hosted / on-premise) environments
• Captures technical requirements and defines technology solutions for approval; creates the
conceptual, logical, and physical design of the solution to ensure appropriate technology is acquired
• Evaluates technologies and determines strengths and weaknesses of technology architecture,
implementation and suitability; recommends solutions to ensure consistency with the company
• Ensures technical feedback from stakeholders is brought back to ensure it is taken into
consideration for future technology and solution directions.
• Support Mastercard Lab’s 24 x7 Production cloud environment.
• Participate in an on-call rotation with infrastructure team.
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science (or related discipline)
All About You
• Linux System Administration experience (preferred RHEL, OEL, Centos)
• Experience in containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
• Solid networking background (TCP/IP, NFS, TLS, Load Balancing, Routing, switching)
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. bash, perl, Ruby, PHP)
• Solid grasp of configuration management and infrastructure automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
• Development experience in one of the following – grails, groovy, spring, nodejs, java
• Strong knowledge of code versioning and build tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, git, subversion, artifactory
• Experienced in pipeline development for CI/CD
• Experience deploying applications, Public/Private or Hybrid in one or more major IaaS
cloud providers (AWS, GCP, VMWare, Azure, etc.).
Additional Skills (Beneficial)
Having any of the following will also be beneficial but not essential:
• Experience with Load balancers (Preferred BIP/F5)
• Experience supporting database instances – RDBMS or NoSQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Exposure one or more major cloud management and automation tools (e.g. RightScale, Scalr, Enstratus)
• Experience with environmental and application monitoring tools (e.g Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios, Prometheus, ELK etc)
• Any Cloud deployment certification - AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or MCSE Cloud Platform & infrastructure
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
• Strong Analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182673