MasterCard Senior Database Engineer-Oracle(APP DBA) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Database Engineer-Oracle(APP DBA)
Senior Engineer, Database Engineering The Database Engineer plays a critical role within the Database Program team. This individual will lead large initiatives, be responsible for database support, database patching , database designs and implementation and drive the best practice, governance, and standards of Database Engineering in Mastercard
• Managing wide variety databases, particularly must be highly experienced in database backup and recovery, performance tuning, and high availability configuration. Database technologies include (but are not limited to): Oracle, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, MongoDB, Redis. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing client’s expectations and communicates proactively.
• Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
• Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects and leads some initiatives.
• Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
• Guides and provides direction for use of best practices and application database solutions to Mastercard’s development teams.
• Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
• Plans and coordinates data migrations between systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or around 8 years of equivalent experience.
• In-depth knowledge of database management (Installation, creation of new instances, space management, database reorganization and internals, backup and recovery, replication, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, identification of bottlenecks in locks, waits).
• Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases with relevant certifications
• Good understanding of security standards and best practices around database platforms.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication implementation (Golden Gate/DataGuard).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals and OFN,OBIEE,EBS etc..
• Extensive experience in handling production support for Oracle Apps environments.
• Working experience on E-Business Suite (oracle financial) 12.1.3 and 12.2.4, R12.2.5
Expertise in installation, upgrade, configuration, monitoring of Oracle database.
• Expertise in Apps DBA tasks – Application Cloning, Database Refresh, Code Migration, Backup and Recovery, Patching, Data Guard, Monitoring.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning.
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background.
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN for Oracle.
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle features.
• Knowledge of multiple database technologies (including but not limited to): Oracle, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, MongoDB, Redis. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
• MongoDB design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance. Additional expertise in managing Redis cache is a plus.
• Mongo Database Administration activities - cluster configuration, upgrades, patches and security.
• Understanding of logical and physical data models on structured and unstructured data patterns.
• Demonstrates an understanding of Database Engineering’s role in supporting business processes.
• Demonstrates the ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
• Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA’s position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts.
• Ability to pick up new technologies at a quick pace.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
• Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-116375