MasterCard Senior Backend Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Backend Software Development Engineer
Mastercard Developers(https://developer.mastercard.com) is the primary API platform for Mastercard partners to access a diverse range of payment, data, loyalty, and security APIs. The team is responsible for delivering an experience that ensures developers can quickly find the right API, assess its technical capabilities and integrate it into new and innovative solutions. Mastercard Developers is looking for a versatile and customer-obsessed Software Developer to join our team. You will play a key role in designing and developing next-generation products and services in Mastercard for a global audience.
• Would you enjoy collaborating with your team to design new features and solutions in an evolving Enterprise environment?
• Do you have a strong background in developing and delivering highly intuitive and responsive frontend solutions?
• Are you passionate about delivering high quality, high performing and highly extensible software?
• Are you as excited about the value of what you design and build for your customers as you are by the journey to deliver it?
• Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting global initiatives in Mastercard right now?
• Do you value a workplace where diverse opinions and inclusivity are considered important?
• Lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions for global customers (internal and external).
• Continually ideate, scope, develop, deliver, test and iterate features for the constantly evolving and growing API Platform.
• Contribute to Mastercard Open Source projects.
• Ensure appropriate levels of automation are adopted (build, deploy, configure, validate, monitor).
• Liaise with other global technology, storage, and operations teams to execute.
• Act as subject matter expert for API Platform and services to support customer integrations on occasion
All About You
• Strong Java and object-oriented design and development skills.
• Knowledge of Node.js, NPM, Webpack and Jest.
• Proven track record in web application development
• You care about the technical architecture and design - ensuring that the solution is flexibly designed and performs efficiently.
• Experienced working in an Agile environment with a global team that makes frequent production releases.
• Background in Dev/Ops a distinct advantage.
• Background in automation a distinct advantage.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-158268