MasterCard Senior Analyst, Internal Controls in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Internal Controls
Senior Analyst, Internal Controls – PUNE
The Senior Analyst, Internal Controls, will support our SOX Compliance program within the Finance Organization, and will report into the Manager of Internal Controls. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing various aspects of the program including scoping, delivery of the program, and reporting of results. The Senior Analyst will work independently to complete the SOX program requirements. The Senior Analyst will work closely with the US-based SOX team, regional controllership, our shared services center, business owners, and our internal and external auditors, with the expectation of some overlap in the working hours. Requirements for this position include knowledge of US GAAP, SEC/PCOB regulations, COSO and IT Audit concepts, as well as the demonstrated ability to monitor an effective global risk-based internal control environment.
• Are you looking to join a fast-paced, collaborative environment supporting a world class growing organization?
• Do you have the ability to think strategically and execute a complex project?
• Do you have a risk-based mindset?
• Do you have the ability to drive change and improve awareness across the organization?
• Execute various SOX program components, including risk assessment, training of stakeholders on control-related best practices, control testing and review, remediation recommendations, deficiency evaluations, and executive reporting
• Collaborate with a local team of professionals in executing various aspects of the SOX program in a global environment
• Report to Manager of Internal Controls
• Assess and determine design effectiveness of internal controls
• Work with business owners to address any potential control gaps that may require remediation
• Partner with various business owners and finance teams including Accounting, Financial Planning, Treasury, Tax, and Corporate Audit to provide insights in assessing the design and effectiveness of internal controls
• Liaise with regional finance stakeholders as well as internal and external auditors
• Ensure the delivery of high quality, timely work products
• Continuously identify efficiencies in the SOX program and opportunities for optimization of the financial and operational processes and controls through interaction and partnership with management
• Exhibit strong project management skills with the ability to hold self and others accountable to internal and external deadlines
• Ability to effectively manage international time-zone differences in communication globally
• Demonstrate the ability to exercise judgment and display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Demonstrate exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to understand complexities of the business
All About You
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting and CPA/CA Required
• Has an understanding of GAAP, PCAOB Compliance Standard, Sarbanes Oxley, COSO, IT audit concepts, and leading business practices
• Recent Big 4 experience providing auditing or advisory-type services to Fortune 500 companies desired
• Knowledge of best practices around financial internal controls matters
• Knowledge of current PCAOB Auditing and Accounting Standards
• Ability to project manage complex engagements or programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with emphasis on building strong, longer-term relationships worldwide across varying geographies and functions
• Detail oriented, self-motivated with the ability to meet project deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in risk management field (e.g. risk management, audit, compliance) desired
• Effective ability to influence, drive change and resolve conflicts
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytic, logical reasoning and problem solving
• Strong project management skills to lead and prioritize multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to drive change and continuous improvement
• Some travel may be required in the future, up to 5% travel
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144883