MasterCard Senior Accountant in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• Are you motivated to work in a team that provides global services?
• Do you like to simplify, standardize, and transform existing processes?
The Senior Accountant will provide excellent accounting services to Mastercard Worldwide as part of the Global Business Services Center (GBSC). The candidate will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate accounting services to our Mastercard Worldwide business unit(s) including contract review, plus being a key contributor in the financial month-end close process for net revenue and rebate and incentive payment validation, processing, and approval.
• Review executed contracts and create customers, deals and incentives in the Mastercard Contra Revenue System (CRS)
• Accomplish timely, accurate close of the CRS sub ledger and Oracle general ledger including creation and review of journal entries
• Identify and prepare manual journal entries through the analysis of close results, trends and actual to budget/forecast
• Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations
• Perform detailed review of rebate and incentive payment requests including contract review and validation of driver data to various internal systems
• Provide overall support and customer service to business partners located throughout the Mastercard Worldwide organization
• Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency, quality of output and optimize synergies
• Monitor performance indicators to track progress against goals
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
• Partner with financial systems regarding CRS requirements, data, reporting, and functionality
• Support SOX control compliance
• Other duties as required
All About You:
• CPA/CA, preferred
• MBA Finance
• Knowledge of US GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Prior revenue, contra revenue, and/or contract management experience, preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and business acumen
• Progressive accounting experience preferably in a large, global environment
• Ability to deliver accurate results in a fast-paced environment with attention to deadline constraints
• Robust understanding of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Prior experience in significant process improvements projects
• Organize and prioritize multiple activities among a team with a high sense of urgency
• Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Capable of working within a changing environment with excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178082