MasterCard Senior Accountant-3 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• Responsible for financial accounting, financial reporting and operating activities
• Process activities include oversight and controlling the accounting and business processes; ensure the accuracy and timely completion of all activities.
• Performs complex accounting activities (e.g., sub-ledger accounting [SLA] and high level financial statements) in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements
• Responsible for analyzing and exercising judgment on financial performance and accounting complex issues
• Independently determines complexity of issues, escalates and makes recommendations to leadership
• Assess and implement process improvements
• Supports SOX compliance and assisting with control improvements
• Supports the business partner relationship and applies a client-service mentality towards all deliverables
• Supports relationship with external and internal auditors and providing documents/data for Audit
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements and financial reporting requirements and consistently delivers accurate work on a timely basis
• Produce and review internal and external reports with a moderate level of complexity to ensure compliance
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Chartered accountant - Preferred
• Experience reviewing and analyzing work for appropriate accounting treatment
• Experience performing basic issue resolution; gains exposure to the resolution of complex issues
• Strong bias on executing controls and assessing their effectiveness, makes recommendations to improve upon areas of concern
• Proactively builds relationships with business partners
• Knowledge of US GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Results orientated with an ability to work under pressure and have a structured approach to deliverables
• Robust understanding of MS Excel and financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Progressive accounting experience preferably in a large, global environment
• Prior experience in supporting business process transitions and process improvements projects
• Capable of working within a changing environment with excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
• Focused on achieving key outputs, with a sense of urgency and in a professional manner
• Able to adjust to changing processes and systems – should be agile to adapt e.g. changing accounting system will change established work procedures
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128690