MasterCard Senior Accountant-2 in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Are you motivated to work in a team that provides global services?
• Do you like to simplify, standardize, and transform existing processes?
The candidate will be part of the Global Business Service Center and will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate accounting services to our worldwide business unit(s) in the select areas of Net Revenue viz. revenue & contra revenue billing process, month-end close, rebate and incentive payment validation, processing & approvals.
• Review executed contracts and create customers, deals and incentives in the Mastercard Contra Revenue System (CRS)
• Accomplish timely, accurate close of the CRS sub ledger and Oracle general ledger including creation and review of journal entries
• Identify and prepare journal entries through the analysis of close results, trends and actual to budget/forecast
• Perform detailed review of rebate and incentive payment requests including contract review and validation of driver data to various internal systems
• Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency, quality of output and optimize synergies
• Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations
• Perform detailed account analyses; investigate and resolve complex issues
• Partner with financial systems regarding CRS requirements, data, reporting, and functionality
• Support SOX control compliance
• Provide overall support and customer service to business partners
• Other duties as required
All About You:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
• Chartered Accountants or MBA in Finance, preferred
• Knowledge of US GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Prior revenue, contra revenue, and/or contract management experience, preferred
• Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience preferably in a large, global environment
• Ability to deliver accurate results in a fast-paced environment with attention to deadline constraints, excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
• Robust understanding of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-97937