MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
As a principal software engineer your role would be categorized into these broad areas
Define, Design & Code Software solutions
Lead the architecture, design and development of software systems and applications. These solutions & software targeted towards a clients’ specific needs or create products geared for Mastercard.
Act as senior most engineers in the team to determine everything from design choices to technical standards, such as platforms and coding standards.
Collaborate to product teams to understand the requirements, identify solution, propose ideas and provide technical thought leadership.
Engage with external customers to represent engineering, alongside product, when presenting product to external customers.
Evaluate build vs buy solutions, partners with fintechs and startups to create innovative solution
Document the overall systems/application architecture, help create high level design and provide guidance to the engineering team on low level design
Domain driven design is your game. Code to enforce the contextual mappings and aggregates for each bounded context. Drive implementation of consumer driven contracts to allow for evolution and learning of the domain model with hyper speed while meeting our promises to other teams internally and customers alike.
You are polyglot engineering guru, you bring cutting edge engineering practices to life in multiple evolving frameworks – Feature flags, fitness functions and whatever is required to reduce the cost and increase the lifecycle value of next feature delivered by engineering teams.
You love declarative paradigm and functional programming. No one can stop you in paying off technical debt and refactoring the code for better SDLC, performance and availability.
You implement, monitor and maintain compliance and security concerns in CI/CD pipelines to bring life to the principle of “Code is Design and Design is Code”.
Tech lead on software development projects, especially at early stage (concept, PoC, Prototype, Pilot)
Create a team of engineers suitable for the scope of the project, assigning tasks, working with scrum lead to create timeline, provide estimates and acting as engg lead in operating/steering committee
Engage with partner organization in ensuring that proposed solution meets the corporate standards in creating & operating the applications
Act as lead in bringing multiple engineering team to achieve the overall objective of the proposed solution
Build relationships with technical peers across organization with a focus on our Enterprise Architecture (EA) relationship; socialising new technologies with EA and bringing EA technology and updates back to the group.
Maintain common tech stack & integration components. Design a tech stack and blueprints for simplified transitions. Align coding conventions with EA
Develop and maintain common tools and services for use by the global engineering teams.
Work with Information security, cloud engineering, infrastructure engineering, internal tech partners, external tech partners to help design our infrastructure/cloud environments and a secure application architecture
Provide updates and technical talks about new technologies, bring in domain expertise to business, market direction around technical innovation for Cross Border to the global XBS engineering teams.
• Experience as lead engineer/tech lead/software architect.
• Experience in implementing complex technology solutions for enterprises and making it available for general use within the corporate
• Broad and extensive deep knowledge of the software development process and its technologies, hands on experience of creating design (high & low level) and engineer on variety of technologies and product and experience of architectural styles and design patterns
• Hands on experience of various coding methods and computer languages, Data modelling and database design experience, MicroServices Architecture
• Experience in build and operating a high scalable platforms with significant throughput (>10,000 TPS) and operates > 99.999% availability with global footprint
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater, Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON, Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks e.g. Karate.
• Experience of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer that’s integrated with secure code coverage & static code coverage tools (SonarCube Prisma etc)
• Experience with a UI framework such as Angular a plus
• Proficient working in cloud with Azure preferred
• Experience in building containerized applications, following CI/CD, Canary release, in depth knowledge and experience in devOps functions on cloud
• Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code
• Sound knowledge of cryptography functions incl PKI infrastructure, hashing, encryption, consensus algorithms, virtual machines
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player
• Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179641