MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cloud Commerce team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. Responsible for the analysis, design, development, and delivery of software solutions. Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes, and best practices
• Design, Code, document, test components / subsystems to a high standard
• Architect, Design, Code, document, test components / subsystems to a high standard
• Must be solutions oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
• Assist defining processes and choice of development tools to be used across the group
• Interpret technical specifications to produce detailed design
• Design with future extension in mind
• Perform functional and performance testing of solutions
• Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
• Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment
• Provide input to scheduling of projects
• Ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards
• Pass on knowledge of various technologies to other team members and to other functions
Bachelor's degree Computer Science (or related discipline)
• Java [J2EE, Spring, Hibernate]
• Mobile Application & Library Development [Android]
• Database [Oracle, Postgres]
• Expert in full stack development.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience in implementing APIs and SDKs
• MUST have worked on an application hosted on the public cloud
• Discipline of working in a continuous integration, TDD environment.
• Experienced in delivering commercial grade software
• Has been pro-active in creating better user experience, consumer value proposition
• Understands gaps in knowledge and has ability to source training online
• Knowledge of payment protocols, NFC/EMV Technology and PCI DSS will be an advantage
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
• Strong Analytical and skills
• Strong communication skills
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175794