MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer
Our Payment Gateway Services division offers industry leading, global payment processing services and advanced fraud management solutions - for merchants, industry, partners and acquiring banks. We provide simplified payment processing through omni bank channels and flexible merchant integration. Our global and localised solutions support a wide range of payments methods: electronic wallets, online bank transfers and domestic bank cards. We do all this at speed while providing maximum data security through full PCI DSS compliance and sophisticated fraud prevention technology.
We are looking for talented architects with experience in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our business. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to bring together all of our technology assets to create new and innovative products to build our capabilities and our products. These could be new capabilities for our gateway product. The scope for the Architect will be broad, and may include infrastructure, software architecture and security domain engineering as well designing high-level end-to-end solutions. You will partner with other architects, developers, and analysts, as well as other teams across Mastercard to create new capabilities
Key themes: Visible Leadership, Technical Depth, and Proactivity
• Evaluate the existing architecture and provide technology solutions and road map
• Should be doing the Proof of concepts required in the Mastercard approved technology stack (micro services, REST services, Kafka etc)
• Identify, plan and drive the enablers / Non Functional requirements for the systems
• Capacity and resource planning for the applications based on the projections
• Analyze the Features/User stories and write the Technical Specification Documents
• Assists team members in the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions
• May manage project/initiatives as an experienced individual contributor with specialized knowledge within assigned discipline
• Responsible for designing solutions of systems application software in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Design high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flow charting, analysis of input-output flow
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Experience with payment gateway domain will be added advantage
• Leads major projects and creates the development and delivery of quality software solutions, in a timely and cost effective manner. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Prior software engineering work experience required.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Framework - Spring (spring data, Spring batch, spring REST, Spring cloud, AOP), Hibernate
• Cloud and DevOps Architecture, especially via Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Tools - Eclipse, Sonar, GIT, Maven, SQL Developer, Bamboo, Jenkins, CI/CD
• Performance Tuning
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121155