MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Ethoca, a Mastercard company, is seeking a Principal Data Engineer to join our team to lead data enablement and explore big data solutions within our technology landscape. This senior role is visible and critical as part of a high performing team – it will appeal to you if you have an effective combination of domain knowledge, relevant experience, and the ability to execute on the details.
You will bring cutting edge software and full stack development skills, data lake experience with a solid cloud platform background. Expectation is that you are hands on and capable of working with massive data volumes. You will own this – our teams are small, agile, and focused on the needs of the high growth fintech marketplace.
We are committed in making our systems resilient and responsive yet easily maintainable.
Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions and policies while
owning the development of applications, services, user interfaces. Maintaining and scaling existing
applications is imperative and part of your portfolio. Applications are built on data that resides in the
data warehouse so we expect the successful candidate will always have attention to detail;
configuration, maintenance, security and reliability of data and Data Services in the different
environments as we build out a state-of-the-art analytics foundation.
• Hands-on responsibility for architecture with code development across environments with the capability to write high quality, secure code that is modular, functional, and testable
• Design and build technology roadmaps to optimize services and functions focusing on performance, security, and cost/benefit optimization
• Key leader/contributor in the software and database/data warehouse development life cycle (i.e. design, development, documentation, testing, deployment, support)
• Plan deployments, migrations, and upgrades to minimize service impacts with mitigation plans
• Understand and tune performance across all physical and logical dimensions
• Support architects and engineers as they design and build effective, agile applications and data warehouses
• Work efficiently within a high security, PII and PCI-DSS Level 1 environment who communicates clearly and effectively while demonstrating ownership
All About You
• Significant experience with full stack application development experience together with architecture experience
• Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, DevOps
• Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field including programming
• Excellent SQL and higher-level programming languages
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
• Good understanding of 12-Factor App methodology
• Proficiency in multiple programming languages such as NodeJS, Java, Java Script, etc. are mandatory
• In a Data Warehousing and BI environment with understanding of warehousing concepts
• Strong understanding of database change management process (DCM)
• With Source Control System (SCS) is a must – preferably “Git” source control
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts.
• ETL tools experience
• Reporting/Dashboarding tool/s experience
• With application frameworks (i.e. Springboot)
• Quick learner with the ability to pick up new ideas and concepts quickly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Top notch problem solving and analytical skills
• Mentor and teacher of new technologies and design patterns
Ideally you have experience in banking, e-commerce, credit cards or payment processing and exposure to both SaaS and premises-based architectures. In addition, you have a post-secondary degree in computer science, mathematics, or quantitative science.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118197