MasterCard Manager/Lead BI Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager/Lead BI Engineer
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Mastercard’s Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We are currently seeking a Software Development Engineering Manager for Business Intelligence platforms within the Data & Services group. You will own end-to-end delivery of engineering projects for some of our analytics and BI reporting solutions that leverage Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytics techniques, to help businesses around the world solve multi-million-dollar business problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead, supervise and coach a team of software engineers and assure staffing, training and objective setting. Design and develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions. Manage Business Case Development and Scenario Planning leading to an effective decision-making process. Make presentations to the Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders.
• Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application frameworks and provide recommendations. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist project manager with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project. Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team. Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Assist in vendor selection and RFI/RFP process.
• Lead and guide teams through all phases of the SDLC of an application. Provide Brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for the projects.
• Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of documentation throughout the development lifecycle of the solution. Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience, with a proven track-record of successfully leading and managing complex technical assignments and technology teams.
• Experience developing and supporting BI reporting solutions, ETL solutions and other analytics solutions. Expertise with Business Intelligence tools (like MSBI stack - SSIS, SSAS and SSRS, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) is must. Exposure to R, Python, Hadoop technologies, etc. is desired but not mandatory.
• Very strong SQL skills with understanding of Exadata/Oracle/Netezza/SQL server databases. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent Communication skills with ability to interact across multiple organizational levels of internal and external customer groups and other stakeholders.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive, with ability to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146350