MasterCard Manager, Technical Program Management in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Technical Program Management
Are you a technical program leader who wants to shape the cloud platform for Mastercard’s digital, marketing, loyalty, and business services (DML) products? Are you a leader who is passionate about developing those working for you while building and nurturing an inclusive team culture? Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development? Do you want to lead a world class and highly technical team of skilled technical program managers building the technology behind the world’s fastest payments processing network?
The Manager of Technical Program Management (TPM) leads a global team of TPMs who are conceptualizing, rationalizing, and driving multiple simultaneous projects to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our scrum execution model. Your TPMs are technical and have a deep understanding of the platform, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems. Your TPMs contribute to the technical strategies, design choices, and even the cloud infrastructure necessary to build comprehensive believable and achievable execution plans to own and deliver high-profile new features and capabilities for our customers. Your TPMs are comfortable driving the execution of a feature through the full stack or driving massive projects which span lots of teams and integrations while reporting meaningful status along the way. In this role, you will:
• Lead a team of individual contributors
• Create a data driven and continuous learning culture across your organization and use this data to drive incremental improvements across DML
• Continuously monitor and analyze key performance indicators on the organization’s score card and move them in a positive direction
• Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution rigorously inspecting the delivery plans and execution metrics of your TPMs using your own tech depth and business acumen to assess risks and continuously raising the delivery bar
• Adapt to shifting goals and activities while managing multiple activities in parallel
• Build and cultivate strong internal relationships
• Manage escalations
• Actively encourage the development of your technical staff
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Extensive experience delivering technical programs so you know where to look to find all the potential landmines
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individuals across the organization
• Demonstrated experience as people manager with the ability to attract, recruit, and develop technical talent
• Huge plus if you have payments expertise and experience/proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), microservice design, CI/CD, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• Advanced technical program delivery experience including time developing software and developing people
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-101551