MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, We are looking for a passionate, innovative and experienced engineering manager with a proven track record in leading the delivery of software products and their implementation in various markets. As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving the implementation of the business ask.
You will be responsible for building the delivery capability of the team using modern development practices and driving a culture of improvement.
Be part a team that is responsible for building a global platform that performs at scale serving millions of customers.
• Are you a leader, influencer and innovator?
• Do you want to be part of an agile software development, collaborative environment?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you love to solve problems and find creative solutions?
As Engineering Manager you will be leading software engineering teams developing advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments. MasterCard software engineering teams leverage SaFE Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers.
• As an hands-on Engineering leader, you will be responsible for setting the Engineering standards and practices and driving the DevOps practices, Take a product initiative from requirements to production.
• Lead the team in honing the best software development practices, technical design and implementation to be successful.
• Lead and guide an agile team of developers and testers to deliver software that meets business objectives
• Collaborate with the Product Owners, Product Managers, and other stakeholders
• Drive your team’s capability and performance through coaching, mentoring, performance feedback and career development
• Contribute to the knowledge of the software development group.
• You will own one of more business domains and work closely with the business and technology partners for the implementation and roll-out across multiple markets.
• Actively look for opportunities for Innovation and creative problem solving.
• Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project. Plan overall project scope as well as define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
• Ensure the project or effort is adequately staffed; trained and managed. Ensure personnel have appropriate skills and behaviours; and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary, managing each effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines.
• Perform strategic planning; financial planning; administration and management of department.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with managing multiple development teams in a multi-team environment, and experience with remote management.
• Great communicator with proven experience in collaborating with business stakeholders.
• Experience with applying Scrum or SAFe in a product development environment where high levels of performance, reliability and security are essential.
• Experience with managing vendor teams & engagements. Exposure on the managing budgets & forecasts.
• Payments and fintech experience will be well regarded.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163870